Your master bedroom is a very personal space where you can retreat to relax and get a good night’s sleep. So it’s important to have a bedroom that you feel reflects your personal style. If you are thinking about redecorating your bedroom then here are some ideas.
Doing up your master bedroom doesn’t have to mean spending a lot of time or money on it. There are many hacks and DIY ideas that won’t cost the earth or mean you have to wait a long time before it’s finished. There are actually a few things you can do that will change the feel of the room in an instant.
Here are some cool ideas to get you started on your master bedroom redesign.
● Upgrade / makeover the furniture – changing your bedroom furniture does not mean that you need to go out and buy new. You could explore local flea markets or FB marketplace for a good deal or can simply give a new coat of paint to your bedside table or that old chest of drawers. You can also replace the handles and knobs of the dressing table and wardrobe.
● Make a statement with a blanket – colourful blankets can really transform a room and make it feel cosy, especially in winter. Search charity shops or ask a relative to knit you one if they know how. You could even learn to crochet your own, I learnt on YouTube a few years ago and love it so much.
● Highlight a wall- You could paint one wall in a different colour or cover it with removable wallpaper to make a strong impact. You can always remove the wallpaper when you get bored of the look and try another one.
● Add some colour – a master bedroom in monochrome shades tends to get boring after some time. So why not add some colour? It could be some pillows in bold colours, or you could lay some laminate flooring and choose some brightly coloured rugs to lay on it. Just to make the space a bit more colourful and fun.
● Bring in some nature – plants placed around the bedroom can really add a calming feel as well as purifying the air. All you need to do is to go to your garden centre and pick up some plants that can survive indoors, find somewhere for them which can even be hanging them from the ceiling then take care of them as per the instructions.
● Add some artwork – you could try taking out some brushes and paints and make a painting in your unique style. It could be modern or abstract, I love the DIY leopard print effect that is popular right now. If you don’t fancy making it yourself then keeping an eye out in charity shops or eBay means you can find some artwork to fit your style that doesn’t break the bank.
● Rearrange the bedroom- another simple hack is to simply rearrange the furniture inside your bedroom. Perhaps you can shift the dresser towards the window or remove those extra coffee tables or bring the chair closer to the bed. You can completely change the feel of a room just by moving a few things around.
● Declutter the space- your bedroom should be a calming space but if you have lots of clutter lying around it won’t feel that way. Set a little bit of time aside to clear through things, donate or sell any old clothes you no longer like or wear and try to store things out of side, like in boxes under the bed. Out of sight, out of mind!